Sustainable mobility luminaries showcase the future of transportation in Montreal, June 13‒15
CLERMONT-FERRAND, France, and MONTREAL, May 8, 2017 ― Michelin, a global leader in sustainability and innovation, today announced its lineup of groundbreaking vehicles, technologies, new concepts and industry partners to appear at Movin’On 2017, the world’s largest collaborative symposium focused on solving the planet’s most pressing urban mobility challenges.
Mobility demonstrations at Movin’On 2017, which rolls into Montreal June 13‒15, will feature an unprecedented collection of vehicles and innovations designed to transform transportation in urban areas and accelerate the global shift toward a circular economy.
Buses at Movin’On 2017 include:
- Easymile EZ10 Electric Shuttle, an autonomous people mover that can carry up to 12 passengers at speeds of 25 km/h
- Proterra Catalyst, The industry’s best-performing battery-electric bus, seating up to 40 passengers
Cars at Movin’On 2017 include:
- BMW i3, the world’s first all-electric vehicle made primarily of carbon fiber will appear along with the BMW i8 plug-in hybrid which combines the efficiency of an all-electric motor and the power of a TwinPower Turbo engine
- GreenGT H2, the world’s first electric-hydrogen racecar, which produces its own electric power and releases only water vapor into the atmosphere
- Hyundai Ioniq, the company’s newest eco vehicle, on display in both all-electric and hybrid power train variations
- DevBot, (the Robocar development vehicle) the world’s first fully driverless racecar from Roborace
- Symbio Fuel Cell Kangoo ZE H2, Renault’s light commercial electric vehicle
- Tesla Model S and Model X autonomous electric vehicles, with level three autonomous software and level four hardware
Fleets at Movin’On 2017 include:
- UPS eTrike, a motorized electric three-wheeled vehicle designed for efficient and sustainable urban delivery
Two-Wheel Technologies at Movin’On 2017 include:
- BMW Cruise e-Bike, an electric bike designed for commuters and built with a BOSCH Performance Line electric motor
- MICHELIN E-Drive system, a lightweight battery and motor system that converts a classic bike into an E-bike, and an E-bike back into a classic bike with one pedal turn in less than 3 seconds
Adding to the vehicle technology showcase, Movin’On 2017 will feature an innovative forum for dozens of emerging players in sustainable urban mobility within the conference’s “Village Start-Up” area. Companies presenting concepts for the future of mobility in Village Start-Up include Boostmi, Ecotuned, Effenco, LTS Marine, Nordresa, Ridemetry, OuiHop, Cargochief and Emotibot.
Instead of a traditional exhibit area, Movin’On 2017 will feature an Innovation Center for visionary partners in sustainable mobility including Engie, Evonik, Michelin, PSA/Communauto, Rockwell, Fanuc, Openlab, Addup, Veolia, Salesforce.
Movin’On, presented by Michelin in association with C2, continues the 20-year tradition established by Michelin Challenge Bibendum as the world’s premiere and longest-running forum for sustainable mobility. Announced in December 2016, Movin’On 2017 in Montreal invites more than 3,000 participants from 35 countries to engage in a range of dynamic forums, including an exhilarating 360-degree technological platform for plenary sessions and other experiential presentations. Movin’On will also host collaborative workshops, master classes and labs that feature cutting-edge innovation and disruptive technology. See movinon.michelin.com for more information. Movin’On is also open to the general public to attend. For pricing information and to register, follow this link.
Presented by Michelin in association with C2, Movin’On is the international summit for action in sustainable mobility. Movin’On 2017 will be held at the Arsenal in Montreal, Quebec, June 13-15. The symposium experience will feature inspiring keynote presentations, hands-on collaborative sessions, networking opportunities and technology exhibitions. Participants from business, government and academics will collaborate and explore new actions to resolve global challenges that will define the future of mobility. For tickets or more information, please see movinon.michelin.com.
About Michelin Group
Michelin, the leading tire company, is dedicated to enhancing its clients’ mobility, sustainably; designing and distributing the most suitable tires, services and solutions for its clients’ needs; providing digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences; and developing high-technology materials that serve the mobility industry. Headquartered in Clermont-Ferrand, France, Michelin is present in 170 countries, has 111,700 employees and operates 68 production facilities in 17 countries which together produced 184 million tires in 2015. (www.michelin.com)
C2 is a global convener on a mission to transform executives and organizations that are ripe for change ― whether they know it or not. In a collaborative context specifically designed to provoke collisions and spark new ideas, C2 gets leaders to challenge their biases, shift their perspectives and explore completely new ways of doing business. C2’s reinvention of the international conference experience started with the annual C2 Montréal event, which has been described as “challenging conventions” by The Economist and “a business conference unlike any other” by the Harvard Business Review. After Zurich, Milan, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Rome and San Francisco, C2 is now expanding its reach across all continents. See c2.biz for more information.
For media inquiries, please contact …
In the United States:
Michelin North America, Inc.
email@example.com or +1.864.458.5908
Michelin North America, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.704.222.5488
Mary Ann Kotlarich
Michelin North America, Inc.
email@example.com or +1.864.458.4884
firstname.lastname@example.org or +52.442.376.1104