0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 10:01 AM by Guy Tondeur

    Paris 2025: Buses to run electric or NGV

      Goodnews from the RATP (Paris Bus Company) relayed by the Newsletter N°275 from AVERE-France. Please read this article. Here are some parts:

      In 2025 80% of the 4500 buses of Paris and suburbs should be electric, and the other 20% using natural gas. First tests will be held from september 2015 to late 2016 in order to compare the different technologies.

      Bus-maker offers will be asked in 2017.

      Today's high cost (500 000 € - twice an equivalent diesel bus) should be lowered by scale economy with series production.

      A 180 km autonomy and a one-night recharge are needed today. 250 km will be required in 2025.